Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Forreal this time.

In order to keep up with the Jones' (i.e. The Gaulkes), I've decided to start writing on our blog again. Earlier this summer writing seemed like it would be effortless with all of the time on our hands, but alas, many obstacles have kept this from coming true. Now we have electricity (always a good thing to keep on hand) and internet (Balkin45 ditched us last week) so we're back in business. We've had a load of fun this summer hanging out with one another and others. We've explored this crazy city (without getting too lost, thanks to the iphone), and still have much more to see. We love the endless restaurant options and sites. We've had friends down to visit and we've gone to visit the "bearded one" in Austin as well. We've made some new friends--Hunter and Ashleigh-- amongst others and we've gotten to catch up with some old pals as well...hitting up the Guadalupe with Kirsten, Jeff, Haley, and Zack. It's kind of sad because what seemed like an endless summer is now on the brink of setting below the horizon. For the past few days, Blake and I have been setting up my classroom, which has been a lot of fun. He's been a huge help! We also picked up his white coat or as we affectionately call it-- his red coat (the red coats are coming!!). Now we have a concert, bachelorette weekend (for me), and two weddings then school starts! Crazy! It'll try to keep up with this thing a little better though--forreal this time.

2 comments:

Hunter and Ashleigh Gaulke said...

YES! I am so glad you are blogging!! I will keep you mega-accountible.... :) We had sooo much fun with you guys. and we are anticipating a wonderfully long friendship with more talks of babies and OBGYN appt.s :) YA'LL are NEAT!
Love,
The Jones'

Melissa Rabinowitz said...

I am so glad you have decided to start keeping up with the blog . . . I check it just about every day! Since moving, I don't have your email address. I am glad you are getting set up in your classroom . . . what grade did you get? I ended up with 8th and am needing to paint my room before I set it up. Maddi-Moo is walking and has 5 teeth! So, looking at the other comment . . . babies???